Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Battistinis, The Jalopy Journal . . . . . .


Battistinis, The Jalopy Journal. . . . .

Some blogs/websites out there are simply a waste of time, with others simply being a must everytime the mac powers up! Take for example ‘The Jalopy Journal’, a must for all of us here! With that the case the text below and image above is taken straight from there site but its the link below that we just could not be pass by without sharing!


“It’s very rare to find any film footage pre-1960 with actual sound attached as the technology wasn’t easily obtainable in the day. As such, much of the vintage film compilations that are sent to me leave me wishing for more. Sound is a very important dimension in hot rodding. One of the most important really. With this footage, however, I’m thankful it was sent sans sound. I don’t think I could handle the extra dimension.


I know crashes are novelties. I know 90% of folks watch racing with the hopes of seeing some “action.” I’m not one of them. Having been in the driver’s seat before and having been in the hospital as a result, crashes make me cringe. They make my stomach turn. They literally hurt to watch.


Many of the folks featured in this film lost their lives. That makes it even more tough to watch… But it also drives home a point – these fellas gave their lives to racing.”

>>> CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE FILM <<<

Remember that the Battistinis Custom Centre incorporating the ‘Rockers Cafe’ is open:

Mon to Friday: 8.30am – 5.30 pm

Saturday: 9.00am – 5.00 pm

Sunday: Pre-arranged events only. (See in store for posters)

Battistinis UK Ltd

Battistinis Custom Centre, 1172-1180 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth,, Dorset, BH7 6DY, England

No comments: